Friday, October 7, 2016

Mojo TigerMAMP selection

Here I'd like to give more information about my TigerMAMP selection.
In 2014 I crossed a BB7 MAMP with a Pink Tiger (so the name TigerMAMP) and in 2015 I grown different plants to select some interesting phenotypes. Obviously  I was searching for new varieties with bleeding calyx like the BBG.
Then I select this varieties that got a BBG calyx:

RedGUM TigerMAMP: very dark plant (near to be all black like Pim. Neyde) with elongated pods from green (dark color under strong sun) to red (with black stripes/shades). This variety seem pretty stable and in 2016 the F2 seem similar to F1.

PeachGUM TigerMAMP: V1, V2 and V2H.
The PeachGUM TigerMAMP V1 is very interesting, dark purple plant with large bbg calyx that produce medium contorted pods from light green/dark color to peach with purple shades. This variety seem pretty stable and in 2016 the F2 seem similar to F1.
The PeachGUM TigerMAMP V2 is a dark plant with pods elongated, smooth, from green/purple to peach (stripes and spots possible). The V2H seemed very similar to the V2 so I didn't put seeds in the store but I shared with some friends (I wasn't sure 100% that was a different pheno from the V2). This year I grown different plants (6): got some variations, 2 was without BBG calyx while the other 4 got BBG calyx not very similar to the V2.